The Franklin Health Research Center investigates botanical products, dietary ingredients, nutraceuticals, and dietary supplements for safety and efficacy. As one of the nation's leading clinical research sites for natural product evaluation, our team conducts clinical research for some of the world's leaders in preventive and integrative health.
- Scientific Experience – our interdisciplinary research team includes leaders statistics, scientific research methodology, nutrition, and public health
- Integrative Health – we are the only research firm to ensure that every researcher on our team is also fully trained in herbalism, aromatherapy, and/or other integrative health modalities
- Collaborative – Our team collaborates with medical facilities, health experts, and data scientists across the nation and around the globe to ensure your project has a custom solution that fits your needs
Dr. Jessie Hawkins is the Director of Research; she brings over 20 years of experience in the integrative health industry. She is widely published in this area and is speaks at national and international integrative health conferences.
The Franklin Health Research is uniquely able to offer expertise in clinical research and integrative health. Our team of researchers are fully trained integrative health professionals, ensuring your product is analyzed appropriately.
The standard for claims substantiation continues to rise. As consumers and regulatory agencies increase their demands, the companies who invest in human research are those which will have the competitive edge.
Jessie Hawkins, PhD
Founder & Executive Director
Dr. Hawkins has been an integrative health professional for over 20 years and has written 8 popular books on natural health topics. She established Franklin Health Research as an independent educational center in 2005 and has overseen its growth into the complete contract research organization (CRO) it is today. In addition to teaching our continuing education research classes, she travels the globe to present on our work at conferences and events.
• Diplomas in: Clinical Herbalism, Aromatic Medicine, Childbirth Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health from Union Institute and University
• Master’s Degree in Health Education & Promotion from the University of Alabama
• PGCert in Epidemiology from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
• PhD in Health Research from Middle Tennessee State University
• (Current) Global Clinical Scholars Research Training post-doctoral program at Harvard Medical School
Christy Hires, MPH, CHES
Clinical Researcher & Statistician
Christy is an expert in research methodology and biostatistics. Her area of expertise is data management and analysis; she also teaches our continuing education classes in botanical product research. She is our natural products content expert one of our statiticians.
• Diplomas in Clinical Herbalism & Aromatic Medicine
• Bachelor’s Degree in Math & Theology
• Masters in Public Health (MPH) from the University of Alabama
• (current) Clinical Research post-graduate certification from London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Elizabeth Dunne, MS, RDN
Clinical Researcher & Registered Dietitian
• Certificate in Clinical Herbalism
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition from the University of Alabama
• Master’s Degree in Nutrition Science from the University of Alabama-Birmingham.