Course Dates: March 9-12, 2021
Health coaches, aromatherapists, herbalists, and other integrative health professionals often discuss nutrition when working with clients, yet few programs include training in the science of nutrition. The Foundations of Holistic Nutrition Micro-Credential provides this important education in the principles of scientific nutrition with an emphasis on a holistic health framework.
This program provides you a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of nutrition, how to create and maintain a healthy diet, and how to recognize harmful food trends which pretend to be scientific. Using research, epidemiological principles, and nutrition science, you will learn how to identify needs within your clients and to affect change within your community.
Topics also include the influence of social determinants of health on nutritional status, intuitive eating, nutritional epidemiology, specialty diets (such as paleo, vegan, and keto), and the role of the non-dietician health professional in disseminating nutritional information. You’ll learn how to discuss nutrition while staying within your scope of practice and when you should refer clients out to registered dietitians.
What you can expect:
- Instructor Guided: No need for prep work or extra mental labor; simply show up to the Zoom classroom and our instructors will guide you through the learning process.
- LIVE and Interactive: You won't be tossed into an online platform and left to navigate the lessons on your own; our professional education programs are live and interactive–we literally bring the classroom to your home. Raise your hand, get real-time answers, and interact with classmates.
- Tested: Over 15,000 students worldwide have benefitted from online courses taught by Dr Jessie Hawkins. Our teaching methods have been perfected and our graduates agree that our programs have boosted their careers.
- Intimate Class Setting: Courses are limited in size to guarantee ample time for questions, interaction, and instruction, ensuring that you fully master the content.
- Career-Focused: In addition to earning 8 contact hours of continuing education credits, your career will benefit from the career-focus of the program. Our CEU classes are developed with your success in mind.